Sept. 18, 2020
Due to COVID-19, Governor Phil Murphy has signed Executive Order 177 stating that voting in New Jersey will be done by mail.
The only exceptions to the Vote-By-Mail (VBM) requirement will be those who are visually impaired. Specialized voting booths will be at selected locations for individuals who require auditory assistance in order to vote.
Every registered Republican and Democratic voter will automatically be mailed a Vote-By-Mail (VBM) Ballot for the November 3 General Election.
Unaffiliated/undeclared voters will be mailed an application to request a VBM Ballot.
Livingston will have 2 polling places open on November 3:
- Livingston Senior/Community Center – 204 Hillside Avenue, Lower Level, Tahaney Room 2
- Livingston Town Hall – 357 S. Livingston Avenue, First Floor
These two polling places will only provide:
- ADA-compliant visually impaired audio voting
- Provisional paper ballots
Please note that the Provisional Paper Ballot is similar to a VBM Ballot.
All are urged to use their VBM Ballot. Provisional Ballots are counted last and must be checked against the VBM Ballots that have already been cast before they are accepted and canvassed.
Returning Your VBM Ballot
VBM Ballots can be mailed at the Post Office, placed in a standard mailbox, or placed in an Essex County Mail-In Ballot Drop-Off Box.
The Ballot Box in Livingston will be located at Livingston Town Hall, 357 S. Livingston Avenue.
Drop-Off Box Locations
Essex County Mail-In Ballot Box locations are as follows:
- BELLEVILLE: Police Department/Town Hall, 152 Washington Ave. Parking Lot Entrance, Belleville, NJ 07109
- BLOOMFIELD: Firehouse #3 124 East Passaic Ave., Bloomfield, NJ 07003
- CALDWELL: Town Hall 1 Provost Square, Caldwell, NJ 07006
- CEDAR GROVE: Essex County Department of Public Works, 100 West Bradford Ave., Cedar Grove, NJ 07009
- EAST ORANGE: City Hall 44 City Hall Plaza, East Orange, NJ 07018
- ESSEX FELLS: Municipal Bldg (rear), 255 Roseland Ave., Essex Fells, NJ 07021
- FAIRFIELD: Police Department (front), 230 Fairfield Rd., Fairfield, NJ 07004
- GLEN RIDGE: Municipal Bldg, 825 Bloomfield Ave., Glen Ridge, NJ 07028
- IRVINGTON: Town Hall/Police Department, 1 Civic Square, Irvington, NJ 07111
- LIVINGSTON: Town Hall, 357 S. Livingston Ave., Livingston, NJ 07039
- MAPLEWOOD: Police & Court Bldg, 1618 Springfield Ave., Maplewood, NJ 07040
- MILLBURN: Town Hall, 375 Millburn Ave., Millburn, NJ 07041
- MONTCLAIR: Municipal Bldg, 205 Claremont Ave., Montclair, NJ 07042
- NORTH CALDWELL: Borough Hall, 141 Gould Ave., North Caldwell, NJ 07006
- NEWARK: City Hall, 44 City Hall Plaza (Green Street side), Newark, NJ 07102
- NUTLEY: Town Hall, 1 Kennedy Dr., Nutley, NJ 07110
- ORANGE: Freddie Polhill Law & Justice Complex, 29 Park St., Orange, NJ 07050
- ROSELAND: Police Station, 15 Harrison Ave., Roseland, NJ 07068
- SOUTH ORANGE: Firehouse, 56 Sloan Street (Gazebo), South Orange, NJ 07079
- VERONA: Civic Center, 600 Bloomfield Ave., Verona, NJ 07044
- WEST CALDWELL: Municipal Bldg., 30 Clinton Rd., West Caldwell, NJ 07006
- WEST ORANGE: Essex County South Mountain Recreation Complex (Located by Parking Deck), 560 Northfield Ave. West Orange, NJ 07052 & Town Hall 66 Main Street, West Orange NJ 07052
This press release was produced by the Livingston Township>. The views expressed here are the author’s own.