Philly Tech Week presented by Comcast looks a bit different this year but it’s no less distinctly PTW, with its emphasis on grassroots knowledge sharing and exposure to global trends and movements. From deep technical talks by Philly-based community members to a livestreamed global music tech conference, the community calendar of events reflects PTW’s founding and future vision.
Below is a short list of some of the dozens of virtual events we have lined up; check out event by clicking the orange button (and scroll to see events happening this week; those listed at the top are from our Summer Series). So check your schedule and get registered, and we’ll see you online next week!
Monday, Sept. 21
- Join PACT and Cozen O’Connor for a real-talk conversation about the pros and cons of Philly’s startup ecosystem. In Philly vs. Everybody, they’ll discuss what we can do to strengthen our ecosystem, boost the profile of Philly, and become real contenders for the “world startup heavyweight” title. (1 to 2 p.m.)
- The nonprofit CARE will share how it has used microfinance, social entrepreneurship and impact investing to reach our world’s most underserved communities. Explore its innovation portfolio in this workshop, Innovation for Eradicating Global Poverty. (5 to 6 p.m.)
Tuesday, Sept. 22
- Participants in PhillyCHI’s annual UX Design Slam will work side-by-side (remotely!) with designers and strategists from all backgrounds. In Zoom breakout rooms, teams will develop an innovative solution to a challenge presented by PhillyCHI’s partner, BuildaBridge. (6:30 to 9 p.m.)
- The HUE Tech Summit is taking place over three days an event designed to educate, elevate, and empower women of color in tech and startups. Hear from a diverse panel of expert women from across the nation. (Through Thursday, Sept. 24)
Wednesday, Sept. 23
- Join PACT and the Penn Center for Innovation for a discussion about SARS-CoV-2 research and how Penn has responded to the virus. Hear from leading medical and research professionals at the University of Pennsylvania. (1 to 2 p.m.)
- Amplify Philly @ Home returns to talk music, business, art and tech for its third iteration. Catch Technical.ly reporter Michael Butler leading a discussion about voting, COVID-19, the census and equitable digital information access. (1 to 6 p.m.)
- Attend Technical.ly’s virtual Developers Conference, featuring a full day of 30-minute tech talks from industry leaders bringing innovation to their fields. (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Thursday, Sept. 24
- Arts + Business Council’s Defining Innovation event will feature cofounder and co-CEO of Whole Foods, John Mackey. Mackey and other Philly business leaders will discuss topics from leadership to corporate responsibility. (10 to 11 a.m.)
- At the capstone Signature Event aka “Philly’s Nerd Met Gala,” get dressed up, transform your living space and watch top cosplayers in Philly. This year’s event also features our annual Technical.ly Awards! Voting is open through Sept. 21. We’ll wrap the night up with a trivia competition. What’s the theme, you may ask? Philadelphia innovation, of course! (4 to 6:30 p.m.)
Friday, Sept. 25
- Join Green Philly for its inaugural virtual symposium which will explore how Philly can create solutions to become an equitable, sustainable city. Hear lightning sessions on how to bring sustainability into your home, office and world. (9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Introduced by Technical.ly is a full-day virtual conference that will bring you the ideas, people and opportunities that build better companies. Over 30 speakers join us for a full day of virtual presentations, roundtables and workshops focused on better workplaces and equitable hometowns. Pro tip: Secure your ticket now; we are quickly approaching our inventory limit for you to get a free, signed copy of Guy’s new book. (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
COVID-19 has forced us to adapt and find new ways to connect with one another, but that hasn’t stopped us. We are celebrating the 10th annual Philly Tech Week in the most fitting way possible: by relying on innovative technology and people to bring you the experience you deserve.
Never miss a PTW20 update or offer.
Learn first about speakers, sessions, ticket purchases and more. Plus, subscribing to the Philly Tech Week newsletter gives you access to exclusive offers.